St Kitts and Nevis: As St Kitts and Nevis are reaching toward elections, St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party have presented strong plans and policies of advancement for the people of St. Kitts and Nevis.
St Kitts- Nevis Labour Party outlined their seven pillars and the ways the SKNLP will improve the lives of the people in St. Kitts and Nevis and the country as a whole.
They added, “For too long, we have all suffered as a people and as a country! It is time for our lives to be improved. It is time for #BETTER. On August 5th, vote for Better. Vote for the St Kitts-Nevis Labour Party.”
Read Here: Seven pillars of commitment of St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party
JOBS, COST OF LIVING AND THE ECONOMY:
- Duty-Free and VAT free on all building materials and furniture.
- 0% downpayment on mortgages with indigenous banks.
- Enhance worker’s rights- pass legislation to introduce Industrial court, enhance workplace health and safety protections, equal opportunity and protection from arbitrary termination.
- Increase the minimum wage to $500 per week
- Discounted VAT day (5 percent) 3 times a year.
- Establish a Ministry for small businesses.
- Start from Zero Tax Package for small businesses.
- Earn more and save more
HOSPITALS AND HEALTHCARE:
- Salary increase for all nurses, doctors and medical staff.
- Housing allowance and risk pay.
- Brand New JNF Hospital
- MRI and CI Scan Machines on-site at hospitals
- Comprehensive Universal Healthcare System
- National Cancer control policy
- Island-wide solar energy campaign
- Reduced electricity costs
- Solar and wind farms island wide
- Incentives for electric vehicles
- Lower electricity costs = more money in pockets
- 24/7 water supply
- Increase surveying, well drilling, and pipe replacement for water supply improvement.
- All watershed areas are to be strictly protected areas by law.
AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SECURITY
- Complete upgrade of the Ministry of Agriculture
- 24hr water supply for all farms
- Fertilisers, animal meds, pesticide incentives
- Labour will develop sustainable agro-industry projects
- Labour will build a National indoor sporting facility
- Sporting facilities in every community will be upgraded.
- Medical insurance for National athletes.
- Respect and support for all athletes.
- Sexual violence and harassment legislation
- 30 percent of all housing for single mothers and young couples under 35 years
- Labour will kickstart another housing revolution
- Increase affordable land distribution for residences and agriculture
- Increase youth land ownership
- 2,000 homes will include energy-efficient appliances and solar panels
- Labour will build a National Performing Arts Centre and Academy
- Reduced costs for importing equipment for creatives
- Strengthen regional and international entertainment networks
- Anti-Corruption Legislation
- Freedom of Information Act and Integrity in Public Life Act
- No corruption
- Increase income support to $1500
- No-duty on imported foodstuff up to 400lbs
- Improving PAP to MEND: increase up to $1500 a month
- $1000 credit to all households for electricity consumption
- Transforming the PEACE to impact all youth aspiring to rise higher.